Julie’s Oven Fried Chicken. Crisp, juicy "fried" chicken, no quarts of hot oil required! This smart recipe comes from our co-founder Amanda Hesser's mother Judy, and dumps the messy. This recipe fries chicken in the oven so it's cleaner, healthier, and easier.
Oven Fried Chicken with Honey Garlic Sauce is an easy sheet pan meal. Chicken that tastes deep fried when biting into it, using a simple technique to get the chicken super crispy with no need for deep frying. I wish a plate of this was in front of me again. You can have Julie’s Oven Fried Chicken using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Julie’s Oven Fried Chicken
- Prepare 1 package of chicken drumsticks (6 count).
- You need of For the coating..
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn meal.
- You need 1 TBS. of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp. of garlic salt.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp. of poultry seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp. of paprika.
- You need 1 of raw egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
It was gone too soon… Oven Fried Chicken. Putting the chicken pieces on a rack above foiled baking sheets is key to getting the chicken crispy. Question… It doesnt say anything about portions in any of the recipes. This easy oven fried chicken recipe is sheet pan cooking at its finest.
Julie’s Oven Fried Chicken instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together..
- In a small bowl, whisk the raw egg and milk together..
- Dip each drumstick in the egg mixture and then coat well with the flour mixture..
- Lay drumsticks in a 9×11 baking dish. Coat generously with extra virgin olive oil (about 1/2 cup)..
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for an hour..
- I served them with fresh baked buttermilk biscuits..
Spend just ten minutes pulling together a simple coating, and then pop the sheet in the oven and you're on your way to a delicious dinner. Low Fat Oven Fried Chicken – Erren's Kitchen – This recipe is a low fat oven fried chicken that's really tasty with virtually no added fat. Find this Pin and more on Food by Julie Berger. My Oven-Fried Chicken is the best of all worlds. I marinate the chicken in buttermilk so it's moist, then fry it quickly on the stove so it's crispy, and.