Salmon & Couscous Salad. Salmon /ˈsæmən/ is the common name for several species of ray-finned fish in the family Salmonidae. Other fish in the same family include trout, char, grayling and whitefish. Перевод слова salmon, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция, словосочетания, примеры использования. Salmon fishing hotspots like Alaska and British Columbia are pilgrimage sites for sportfishing enthusiasts.
From Middle English samoun, samon, saumon, from Anglo-Norman saumon, from Old French saumon, from Latin salmō, salmōn-. Displaced native Middle English lax, from Old English leax. The unpronounced l was later inserted to make the word appear closer to its Latin root. You can cook Salmon & Couscous Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon & Couscous Salad
- It’s 1 tbsp of plus 1 tsp olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of skinless salmon fillet.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 cup of couscous.
- It’s 1 small of orange.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of snap peas, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 cup).
- You need 1/2 small of red onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh mint.
Salmon, originally, the large fish now usually called the Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar), though more recently the name has been applied to similar fishes of the same The six species of Pacific salmon. Salmon use the tributaries, rivers, and estuaries without regard to jurisdiction, from South Chum are the most widely distributed of Pacific salmon. Spawning in side channels of braided river reaches far. Salmon is fish that belongs to the family Salmonidae.
Salmon & Couscous Salad step by step
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the salmon with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, and cook until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large bowl. Add 1 cup hot tap water, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork..
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove 3 strips of zest from the orange. Thinly slice the zest and add it to the couscous along with the snap peas, onion, parsley, mint, remaining tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Squeeze in 2 tbsp orange juice and toss to combine..
- Using a fork, flake the salmon into large pieces. Gently fold the salmon into the couscous..
Some species of salmon spend their entire life in rivers. Salmon definition: A salmon is a large silver-coloured fish. Salmon is a fish that spends the beginning and end of its life in fresh water, with the remaining time spent in the ocean. Its meat is typically pink, while the skin is silver and gray. Typical cuts are the steak and fillet.