Vietnamese Simple Prawn Pho. Pho (pronounced 'fuh') is the umbrella term for Vietnamese noodle soup. Although usually made with beef, this version uses prawns and packs a spicy punch! We teamed up with Callum and Themis from Sprout Cooking School to bring you a healthy, warm pho.
Vietanmese Prawn Pho recipe: An uncomplicated dish with very complex flavours and exotic textures. In a pan of boiling water cook the noodles until tender. Once cooked drain and divide between bowls. You can have Vietnamese Simple Prawn Pho using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Simple Prawn Pho
- It’s 3 of Carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 of Ginger.
- It’s 1 of Pho Noodles / Rice Noodles of your choice.
- It’s 2 of Diced Onions.
- It’s 1/2 of Lemon (for juice and zest).
- You need large of Prawns.
- You need small of Garlic Stock, Chicken and Vegetable Stocks.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need 2 large of Bay Leaves.
- It’s of Chili Sauce, Lemon Peri Peri Sauce of your choice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need pinch of pepper.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Raw Spinach and Mint Leaves.
- Prepare 1 of lemon zest.
- You need 1 of boiling water.
Pho (pronounced "fahr") is a light, fragrant soup eaten for breakfast and all through the day. In the Vietnamese culinary repertoire, pho is the quintessential food. Over the years, I have eaten Vietnamese pho in many places. It's clear that there's no definitive way to prepare it.
Vietnamese Simple Prawn Pho instructions
- Boil some water with some of the stocks. Add salt. Add pepper if desired.(σ≧▽≦)σ.
- Once the water has boiled, add the Pho/Rice Noodles. Let it sit on a low heat. Keep watch if water needs to be added and top up with seasoning..
- In a large frying pan, start to fry the onion and garlic and grated carrot in the olive oil. After a minute, add the sauces. If using raw prawns, add them.o(〃＾▽＾〃)o.
- Remember to taste the food and top up with seasoning. If too spicy or salty, add sugar gradually..
- After the frying ingredients have turned golden, an transparent, add the prawns (if pre-cooked or pink and frozen) and grate the lemon and add lemon juice gradually, to fit you're taste.(*'▽'*)♪.
- The noodles should be done. Add some soy sauce and lemon juice.^o^.
- Serve in bowls. Garnish with sprinkles of raw spinach and mint leaves. Grate the ginger, lemon zest and carrot. Top with a bit of splash of soy sauce and lemon sauce. (⌒o⌒).
- Eat up! ʕ•ﻌ•ʔ ♪＼(*＾▽＾*)／＼(*＾▽＾*)／.
However, there are a few basic things that a good pho must have: the rich. Vietnamese Pho with Vegetables and Prawns ⋆ Dancing With Fireflies. Advertisements (This post includes affiliate links. Should you click an affiliate link and make a purchase I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you.) I love Pho from this little place called Jenny Pho. These easy fried prawns with cajun seasoning are an easy Vietnamese prawn recipe for a quick midweek meal.