Roast boneless chicken with chestnut, cranberry, apple, brown rice and rum stuffing. In this episode, we are going to be cooking a Boneless Chicken Roast With Apricot & Herb Stuffing! Perfect for celebration is this roasted chicken with apples and chestnuts stuffing. Cooking is not as complicated as it looks because of the amount of.
Spoon the stuffing into the neck end of the chicken, secure the skin flap over the stuffing with a smalll skewer, and pat into a rounded shape. Deboning a chicken takes a little while but the end result is worth it. The meat is tender and juicy and that stuffing is pack full of. You can cook Roast boneless chicken with chestnut, cranberry, apple, brown rice and rum stuffing using 14 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast boneless chicken with chestnut, cranberry, apple, brown rice and rum stuffing
- You need 1 of chicken without bones and with skin.
- Prepare 200 gr of brown rice.
- Prepare 125 gr of dried cranberries.
- It’s 5 of onions.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bunch of parsley, sage and thyme.
- You need a few of chestnuts.
- Prepare 1 of apple.
- Prepare 1/2 small glass of rum.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery.
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- It’s 1 dash of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of chickenn stock.
Add roasted chestnuts to a wild mushroom risotto made from roasted buckwheat or brown rice and finish off liberally with finely grated parmesan. Add just a tsp of oil to a heavy bottom or non stick pan. Soak the cranberries in the port for an hour. Fry the onion and bacon gently in the butter, until the onion is tender and the bacon is cooked.
Roast boneless chicken with chestnut, cranberry, apple, brown rice and rum stuffing instructions
- Get the ingredients.together. Start soaking the cranberries in the rum and wash the brown rice really well.
- Put two pans on – one for the rice and another for the chestnuts. Use a sharp knife to cut a cross in each chestnut (it will help with peeling later).
- Cook the brown rice – according to packet instructions but usually 1:3 rice:water and 40 mins. And the chestnuts in boiling water for 20 mins..
- Melt the butter in a pan, add salt and pepper.
- Add the onions, garlic, cook over a moderate heat and after a couple.of minutes add the chopped celery. You'll have 3 pans on the go now so it's a perfect moment to pour yourself a glass of chilled white wine and cross your fingers 😉.
- Add the cranberries, rum and chopped herbs. Chop the apple into small pieces and add to the pan. Stir well, lower the heat to minimum and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- And the herbs.
- Add the chicken stock, cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 20 mins turn the chestnut pan off, salvage the chestnuts and peel – thanks to the cuts you made before boiling, peeling will be super easy.
- Chop the easily peeled chestnuts.
- And add to the pan.
- Now the rice should.be ready too. Drain and add to the pan.
- Stir well and pre-heat the oven to 200°.
- Put the chicken on the oven rack over the oven tray..
- Stuff the chicken.
- And then add salt and black pepper.
- Put the chicken in the.oven. Leave heat top amd bottom for 40 mins.
- And then turn to bottom heat only for 50 mins.
- Take out and leave to rest for half an hour.
- Cut, serve and enjoy..
- The stuffing is so moist that you won't need gravy. Just eat as it is – with a simple salad if you want a side..
A marriage of fennel and cranberry-flecked whole-grain rice is a welcome low-fat alternative to ordinary bread stuffing. Make the day before and reheat in the oven or microwave when ready to serve. For the roast chicken, smear the butter over the skin of the stuffed chicken and sprinkle over the cayenne pepper. To serve, carve the roast chicken and divide it among six serving plates. Place a portion of the tomato and plantain stuffing on top of each serving.