Greek style chicken. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Todays recipe for Easy Greek Lemon Chicken is a quick and healthy meal you're going to want to make all the time because it takes just a few spices, some garlic, lemon and olive oil and it makes the most delicious chicken with roasted lemon wedges that make the most delicious sauce! I love celebrating my Greek heritage with this super simple and scrumptious Sunday dinner idea.
Marinade the chicken in just half of this marinade and reserve the other half for basting the skewers as they cook, if you so desire. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper until blended. A whole chicken gets the Greek treatment with a simple marinade of olive oil and lemon along with plenty of garlic and oregano. You can have Greek style chicken using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek style chicken
- It’s 12 of skinless chicken thighs or drumsticks.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of white or red onion.
- You need 4 of medium peeled potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of cannelini or berlotti beans.
- It’s 3 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need 4 of bay leaf.
- It’s of fresh lemon juice.
The key to the juiciest meat and crispest skin? Butterflying the chicken and cooking it low and slow before finishing with a sear to crisp up the skin. Greek Chicken – Garlicky lemony oregano flavours infused right through the chicken from a flavour loaded Greek chicken marinade; Greek Salad – the juicy tomatoes, fresh cucumbers, that red wine vinegar dressing and the pops of feta! Tzatziki – for dipping and dolloping (recipe in Notes of Greek chicken) Coming Thursday; Greek Lemon.
Greek style chicken instructions
- Set oven to 180 C / 360°F Drizzle a roasting dish or casserole with olive oil.
- Thinly slice onion & scatter into dish.
- Cut potatoes into 2 inch chunks and place in dish (you can parboil for 5-10 minutes if you want).
- Arrange chicken in dish..
- Drain beans and add to dish along with the oregano, drop bay leaves on top.
- Sprinkle with sugar and seasoning..
- Pour tomatoes over everything.
- Place in oven and cook, uncovered, for approximately 1 hour until chicken and potatoes are cooked through..
- Immediately before serving remove & discard bay leaves, give a gentle stir,.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over top.
- Serve with focaccia or other crusty bread to soak up sauce.
- You can add a chicken boullion cube at step 7. for extra flavour.
- Can also be made with lamb chops or cutlets.
- You can use tinned potatoes at step 3.
- You can add a handful of black olives just before serving..
This Greek-style roasted lemon garlic chicken is perfect for a weekend dinner and can be done with whole or half chicken, or smaller pieces of poultry. For this recipe, I am using a Greek chicken marinade made with lots of garlic, lemon juice, herbs and lashings of olive oil is very versatile and can be used with any. Add the cherry tomatoes, olives, oregano leaves and feta, then drizzle with the red wine vinegar. The food is very good – lots of classic Greek choices like gyros, chicken and beef kabobs, pita bread, falafel, spanakopitas, and hummus. Ingredients for this Greek Chicken Recipe.