Mustard Chicken Stew.
You can have Mustard Chicken Stew using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mustard Chicken Stew
- Prepare 8 of chicken drumsticks (thighs would work too).
- You need 4-5 of potatoes (waxy if possible).
- Prepare 1/4 head of cauliflower or romanesco.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of fresh thyme (1 tsp dry).
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 400 ml (1 3/4 cup) of water.
- You need 4-5 Tbsp of Dijon or whole grain mustard.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It’s of Fresh parsley or thyme to garnish.
Mustard Chicken Stew step by step
- Cut onions into wedges, cut potatoes into chunks, divide cauliflower/romanesco into florets, and mince garlic..
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy pot. Brown all sides of the chicken drumsticks. Remove to a plate and set aside for now..
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are soft..
- Add potatoes, thyme, bay leaf and 400 ml water to the pot. Bing to a boil..
- Add the drumsticks back into the pot and turn heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add the romanesco or cauliflower. Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes..
- Dissolve the mustard into to soup. I put mustard in a small dish and dissolved in a couple ladlefuls of the soup and then mixed it in..
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until thickness of the soup is as you like. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and garnish with fresh parsley or dill..