Chicken ‘Okowa’ Steamed Glutenous Rice.
You can have Chicken ‘Okowa’ Steamed Glutenous Rice using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken ‘Okowa’ Steamed Glutenous Rice
- It’s 2 cups (180 ml) of cup) Glutinous Rice *short grain preferred.
- It’s 1 cup (180 ml) of cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice.
- It’s 2 of Chicken Thigh Fillets *about 250g.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sake.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 80 g of Bamboo Shoots (I use canned cooked Bamboo Shoots.) *sliced.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot *about 80g.
- You need 5-6 of Shiitake *about 80g.
- Prepare of Toasted Sesame Seeds for topping *optional.
- Prepare of Spring Onion for topping *finely sliced, optional.
- It’s of <Soup Ingredients>.
- It’s 2 cups (500 ml) of Chicken or Dashi Stock *OR Water 2 cups & Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder 1 teaspoon.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
Chicken ‘Okowa’ Steamed Glutenous Rice step by step
- Wash Glutinous Rice and Regular Short Grain Rice together and drain..
- Cut Chicken into 2cm size and place in a bowl. Add Sake and a pinch of Salt and massage, set aside..
- Place drained Bamboo Shoots in a bowl, add Soy Sauce and marinate while you are preparing other vegetables..
- Cut Carrot in half lengthways and slice 3 to 4 mm thick. Slice Shiitake. If you use dried Shiitake, they must be well rehydrated..
- Make soup by mixing all the ingredients..
- Place well-drained Rice in the rice cooker’s inner pot, place Bamboo Shoots, Carrot and Shiitake slices over the Rice evenly. DO NOT MIX. Gently pour the soup over..
- Plug the rice cooker in and press the Cook/Start button. When the rice is cooked and steamed, open the lid and toss the rice gently..
- Sprinkle some toasted Sesame Seeds and chopped Spring Onions over the top and serve..