Rashta – Lentil soup with homemade noodles. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. There are several varieties of lentils. The most common varieties available are: brown lentils (which I use in this lentil soup recipe), yellow and red split lentils, puy (or French lentils), green lentils, and beluga (small black lentils that look like caviar, and are delicious in salads).
Nigel Slater's noodle soup with lentils and soured cream. In fact, this recipe for Umbrian lentil soup with pasta is pretty simple. If you don't have Umbrian lentils, you can use any small lentils in this Umbrian lentil soup recipe. You can cook Rashta – Lentil soup with homemade noodles using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rashta – Lentil soup with homemade noodles
- It’s of For the dough.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of For the soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of green lentil.
- You need 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare Handful of coriander, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Olive oil.
However, better not to use the larger red lentils which can become mushy when cooked. Have the lentils well washed (in cold water) and the onion prepared as indicated in the ingredients description. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat. Ash reshteh, also known as ashe reshteh, is a delicious Iranian thick soup made of onion, chickpeas, pinto beans, lentils, herbs and noodles that is served with kashk (yogurt whey) and piles of fried onion and a drizzle of mint oil.
Rashta – Lentil soup with homemade noodles step by step
- Fill pot with halfway. Wash the lentil and boil it for ~45 minutes (I used the same glass to measure the lentil and the flour).
- Fry the onion until soft and add it to the lentil with the cumin.
- Mix the dough ingredients..
- Roll the dough and cut it into strips (like tagliatelle).
- Fry the garlic with the coriander in olive oil.
- After ~40 minutes of boiling the lentil (make sure that the lentil in cooked) add the the dough strips and the fried garlic and coriander. Turn the hob to a low – medium temperature..
- Leave the mixture to simmer for a few minutes. Add water if necessary. It shouldn’t be too watery. You can also add a handful of fresh chopped coriander when you turn the heat off.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy the flavors!.
Classics are classics for a reason. This recipe is my take on a fixture in vegetarian Italian cooking. Lentil soup is comforting in so many ways; and this delicious recipe is whipped up with ease which is so much better than buying it canned!. And here's a tip – if you're going to make a little, you may as well make a lot and toss the rest in the freezer! In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and saute the carrot, celery, and onion.