Kasha chicken/ dry chicken curry. Dry chicken dish bengali styke served with pooris, parathas, naan or simply rice. yummy and delicious. I am sharing theMost Delicious Bengali Style Chicken Kasha Recipe. It is very spicy dry gravy Chicken Curry preparation.
It is common in the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia, and Great Britain, as well as in the Caribbean. Chicken pieces are cooked in an aromatic, deliciously seasoned curry sauce then it's finished off with cream for richness and cilantro for color and freshness. Serve alongside basmati rice or naan bread for soaking up the extra sauce. You can have Kasha chicken/ dry chicken curry using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kasha chicken/ dry chicken curry
- It’s 500 gm of curry cut chicken.
- You need 3 of medium onions grind to a coarse paste.
- It’s 1.1/2 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare of chilli powder, as per taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s of salt as per taste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare as required of water.
Chicken Sukka from coastal, western India combines elements and ingredients of both the Malabari and Goan styles of cooking. Though it is a dry dish with very little gravy, Chicken Sukka tastes really nice served with just plain boiled rice. You can even team it with Sannas, hot Chapatis or Parathas. Chicken Kasha is a typical Bengali recipe.
Kasha chicken/ dry chicken curry step by step
- Heat oil, throw in bay leaves. Then add onion paste. Fry the paste sprinkling a little water in intervals to avoid sticking it to the bottom. add garlic paste, fry. Then add ginger paste. Fry and you will see oil separating from sides. Now add turmeric- salt-cumin powder-chilli powder, sprinkle a little water and mix well. Fry for another 3-4 min. Add chicken pieces, mix well, cover and cook on slow flame. In between check that the meat does not stick to the vessel..
- When chicken is tender add 1/4 cup of water. Cook for another 5 min without the lid. Check the seasoning. Enjoy.
It is very popular and almost prepare in every Bengali household. In this recipe, Chicken pieces are cooked in onion, ginger-garlic and masala based gravy and the dish is semi dry. This is a rich preparation of chicken, which goes really well with steamed. This collection of top-rated recipes highlights this versatilty, featuring chicken thighs with international accents, from chicken curry to cacciatore, chicken teriyaki to chicken tagine, biriyani. "Curry" is synonymous with Indian food. There are some delicious examples of it in this varied, exotic cuisine.