Dry Brined Lemon Pepper Chicken. Brining in salty, spiced water is a classic way to achieve moist, tasty chicken. And butterflying it so it lies flat on the grill ensures crispy skin and a. Remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry.
Dry-brined roasted chickens are the best way to get succulent, juicy meat, and crispy, golden skin! Because Lemon Pepper Chicken is definitely a midweek-meal-type-food, don't you think? Something you should be able to make right now. You can have Dry Brined Lemon Pepper Chicken using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dry Brined Lemon Pepper Chicken
- It’s 3.5-4.5 Lbs of Whole Chicken.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of Salt Free Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- Prepare rack of Roasting pan with.
- You need of Butchers Twine.
The juice is a bit lemony, but mostly it is sour. But Lemon Pepper Chicken is not sour or even tangy. So anyway, I won't take you through the various methods. Dry-brining the chicken also means crispier skin.
Dry Brined Lemon Pepper Chicken instructions
- Liberally salt chicken inside and out with Kosher salt. I would not recommend using regular table salt!.
- Set in roasting pan and let sit uncovered in refrigerator over night. Let the salt work it's magic. It should resemble this picture when your ready to cook..
- When ready to cook generously season inside and out with lemon pepper seasoning. Do not salt again! Tie legs and wings together with butchers twine..
- Let rest uncovered until cool enough to cut up and serve. Feel free to experiment with other seasonings and herbs. Enjoy.
- Bake in preheated oven uncovered at 425 degrees for 20 minutes then reduce heat down to 350 degrees. Continue cooking for around another hour or until the breast measure's internally 160 to 165 degrees..
Lemon Pepper Chicken is an American favorite! It's super easy to make and only requires a handful of ingredients, one being a seasoning called lemon pepper. It's a zesty, peppery seasoning that goes great on a wide variety of dishes. Try it with my Quick and Easy Skillet Lemon Chicken or my Easy. Remove chicken from brine; discard brine.