Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns. Learn how to make an authentic Padthai with prawns. In Thai it's called Padthai Kuung Sod. Add Pad Thai Paste and stir to mix.
An authentic Prawn/Shrimp Pad Thai recipe from Spice I Am, a critically acclaimed Thai restaurant. To say it tastes incredible is an understatement! As you can imagine, after describing how authentic the Spice I Am dishes are, the Pad Thai recipe has more steps than my everyday version. You can have Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns
- It’s 200 g of rice noodles.
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 1-2 of eggs.
- You need 1-2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of shallot, finely sliced.
- You need Half of pack of beans sprouts.
- You need 200 g of king prawns.
- Prepare 3-4 of spring onion or chinese chives, chopped about 4cm long.
- You need 4-5 tbsp of Crushed peanut (optition).
- It’s 1 of lime/lemon.
- You need 1-2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- It’s of Padthai sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fishsauce.
- You need 1 tsp of soysauce.
- It’s of 1/2 cup water.
Learn how to cook the most authentic Prawn Pad Thai with our exclusive recipe featuring lots of flavour and spice. Saiphin Moore from UK's most popular Thai chain Rosa's Thai Cafe visited School of Wok and showed us how to cook the most authentic Pad Thai. Heat a wok with half the oil. Push to the side and add the remaining oil.
Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns instructions
- Soak the noodles in a large bowl with hot water. Leave it for about 10 min so they start to soften..
- Mix the Padthai sauce base together in a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat until sugar dissolve and sauce become a little thicker. Add some water and let it simmer for a few minutes..
- On a big pan or wok, medium heat, add cooking oil in, garlic and finely sliced shallots, stir well.
- Add your meat (in this recipe I use prawns) into the wok. Cook for 1 or 2 minute until the meat cooked through. Remove them to a plate. Leave it aside.
- Add noodle into the same pan along with Padthai sauce, put 1-2 crushed peanut in, add some fish sauce or sugar or tamarind if needed and taste. Padthai should taste sweet, sour, salty and nutty. Stir well for about 10-15 min or until noodles cooked through..
- Move your noodles on one side of the wok, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil and add some eggs in. Leave eggs to cook through for a few minutes before mix through with the noodles..
- Add prawns (or hard tofu) back in the pan. Stir well, then add half of bean sprouts, spring onion or chinese chive and crushed peanut if you prefer..
- Serve this delicious Padthai noodles with a wedge of lime and chilli flakes. You can have bean sprouts on the side too for an extra crunch..
Learn how to make Pad Thai with Prawns (Pad Thai Goong) using Valcom Pad Thai Paste. Try out this simple and super easy Thai recipe. Discover the authentic in Asian cuisine food. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the garlic and prawns and stir-fry for two minutes, then remove and set aside.