Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan. A delicious vegan recipe for Rhubarb Crumble. I added pear, apple, and crystallized ginger. Peel the pears and chop into large chunks, then chop the rhubarb into finger-length batons.
This easy rhubarb and ginger crumble recipe tastes equally delicious! Since this month is also known as Veganuary, why not indulge in a nearly-healthy (you know, it does have fruits in it…) dessert that is vegan as well as gluten free? Put the rhubarb, sugar, orange zest and juice into a saucepan. You can cook Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan
- You need of For the filling.
- You need 6-8 sticks of rhubarb, cut into 3-5 cm chunks.
- Prepare 3 of pears, peeled and cored and chopped into 3 cm chunks.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar (add more if you need it sweeter).
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 2 cm of chunk of ginger, peeled and grated – optional.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- You need of For the topping.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oats ground into a flour in the blender.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of oats.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dessicated coconut.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup (or honey if you’re not making it vegan).
- You need of Some walnuts broken into small pieces or flaked almonds.
Tip the rhubarb mixture into an ovenproof baking dish. Put the flour and butter into a large mixing bowl. Recipe for a super fluffy vegan Rhubarb Crumble Cake – all dairy-free and egg-free. One-bowl vanilla batter + soft rhubarb + golden crumble on top = YUM!
Rhubarb, pear and ginger crumble – vegan step by step
- Preheat oven to 170C..
- In a baking dish/ pie dish, put the fruit and then stir in the rest of the filling ingredients. Put it in the oven for about 10 mins..
- Meanwhile, put all the dry ingredients for the topping into a bowl. Mix well..
- In a pan, gently heat the coconut oil and maple syrup until melted and combined..
- Pour the oil/syrup mix into the bowl with the dry ingredients..
- Take the pie dish out of the oven. Press the oat topping mix on top of the fruit. Sprinkle the nuts on top. Bake for 25-35 mins until the top is golden brown..
- Serve and enjoy 😋.
This Pear and Ginger Crumble is easy to make and tastes delicious! With juicy pears in a tasty spiced caramel sauce topped with a pecan and oat topping. This pear crumble is no different. Soft sweet pears with a generous of helping of ginger all topped with a nutty, oaty topping. Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan, then add the sugar and vanilla, and give everything a good stir.