Goat's cheese, red capsicum and olive tapenade sandwich. For this sandwich, a rich homemade tapenade is spread into an herby focaccia roll, then followed by some spicy salami, peppery arugula, a roasted red bell pepper, and a sprinkling of crumbled goat cheese. To assemble the sandwich, spread the bottom half of the ciabatta with goats cheese. Put as many sandwiches as will fit in the pan or on the griddle without crowding, cover, and cook until the cheese has just begun to melt and.
Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Butter all the bread slices on one side only. Put four slices, buttered side down, on a cutting board. You can have Goat's cheese, red capsicum and olive tapenade sandwich using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Goat's cheese, red capsicum and olive tapenade sandwich
- It’s 1 of French stick or two bâtards.
- You need 1 dozen of or so basil leaves.
- Prepare 4 of roasted red capsicum slices/peppers, cut in to strips. Can use fresh or jarred.
- You need 100 g of good goat's cheese, crumbled.
- Prepare of For the tapenade.
- You need 150 g of pitted Kalakaua olives.
- It’s 1 tbls of baby capers.
- You need 1 tbls of Italian parsley.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 60 ml of evoo.
To assemble the sandwich, spread the tapenade over the inside of both halves of bread. Spread the goat cheese over the bottom half, followed by the cucumber slices, pepper strips. Spread the black olive tapenade over the tortilla wraps, then crumble over the soft goat's cheese and scatter with the olives. Tightly roll up the wraps – neaten them by cutting off the ends.
Goat's cheese, red capsicum and olive tapenade sandwich step by step
- Put all the tapenade ingredients in a blender and whizz up to make a paste. Tip: can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- Cut the bread in half horizontally, without cutting all the way through, open and spread both sides with the tapenade. Add the basil leaves to the bottom half only.
- Next lay over the sliced capsicum and then spread half the goat's cheese on to each lid and squish shut.
- You can eat as is, or cut in to nice 1” slices for easy eating.
Can be made a few hours ahead and wrapped in cling film. Learn how to make Mediterranean Goat-Cheese Sandwiches. Spread the goat cheese evenly over cut side of bottom half of loaf, and spread the olive paste evenly over goat cheese. It IS a little messy, but the flavor combination is delicious. I do use a green olive tapenade and I include the.