You can cook Pad Thai using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- Prepare 200-250 g of Dry ‘Pad Thai’ Rice Noodles.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s of Prawns, Squid, Chicken, Pork OR Firm Tofu 500g in total.
- It’s 1 of Onion *OR Shallots 2 to 3.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic *finely chopped.
- You need 1 of small piece Ginger *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of Red Chilli *OR 1/2 teaspoon Dry Chilli Flakes.
- It’s 1 cup of Bean Sprouts.
- You need 1/4 of cupful Spring Onion / Garlic Chives.
- It’s of Canola Oil for cooking.
- It’s of Coriander Leaves for serving.
- It’s of Chopped Toasted Peanuts.
- Prepare of Lime *cut into wedges.
- Prepare of <Sauce>.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Tamarind Paste *OR Lime/Lemon Juice, Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Fish Sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Soy Saucer *optional.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
Pad Thai instructions
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl..
- Prepare the proteins and vegetables. They will be cooked with the noodles, so I recommend to thinly slice the meat, tofu, onions. Lightly whisk the eggs in a separate bowl..
- Now you can start to prepare the noodles. Place noodles in a large bowl, pour over plenty of boiling water and soak for 5 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water, and drain again. *Note: Do not make them absolutely soft at this stage..
- Add 1 tablespoon Oil to the heated wok or a very large frying pan, cook Eggs like scrambled egg and transfer to a plate. Add a little more Oil, cook Chicken or Pork (or other meat), if you use any, and Onion (Shallots), Garlic, Ginger and Chilli, then add Prawns or Squid (or other seafood), if you use any, and stir-fry until almost cooked through..
- Bring back the scrambles egg to the wok. Then add Bean Sprouts, Tofu, if you use it, and the noodles, then the sauce..
- Toss gently for about 1 minute, then add Spring Onion or Garlic Chives. Toss to combine then remove from heat..
- Sprinkled with Peanuts, Coriander Leaves and extra Chilli only if you like them, and serve with Lime wedges..