Chicken in wine with eggplants in the oven. In this delicious new take on classic eggplant Parmesan, broiled eggplant Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online. Put one third of the eggplant in a single layer in the dish. Top with half of the chicken, half of the tomatoes.
Season with oregano, salt and pepper and cover with aluminum foil. I am beginner to cooking with eggplant so I took advice from everyone, sweat the eggplant in a colander. Pairing Wine with Chicken and Poultry. You can have Chicken in wine with eggplants in the oven using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken in wine with eggplants in the oven
- Prepare 1 of chicken cut into portions.
- It’s 3-4 of fresh tomatoes, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of dry onions, finely chopped.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine.
- It’s of salt, pepper.
- You need 3-4 of potatoes cut in wedges.
- Prepare 3-4 of eggplants cut in wedges.
Think chicken salad or turkey-avocado sandwich with these zesty whites produced in the South of France. These wines usually have flavors of lemon, white flowers, and the zestiness cuts the fat in the dishes. The hot oven transforms eggplant's firm, spongy interior into a luxurious, velvety texture, which in turn lends its merits to savory dips and vegan bolognese. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
Chicken in wine with eggplants in the oven step by step
- Fry the eggplants (or bake in the oven) and the potatoes, then leave them on paper towels to drain from the excess oil and set them aside..
- Sauté the chicken well on all sides..
- Remove it from the pot, add the onions, the garlic and after you stir them for a while until they get transparent, stir in the wine..
- Add the chicken..
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until it is almost done..
- Place the chicken in a baking dish, arrange the potatoes around it and the eggplants on top and pour in the sauce so that it goes everywhere..
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30-40 minutes depending on the oven..
Pour off and discard the fat. Ina Garten makes Coq au Vin, a French chicken and wine dish with mushrooms and bacon. She begins by chopping up four ounces of bacon and cooking it until crisp. She removes the cooked bacon from the pan using a slotted spoon so she can brown the chicken in the bacon fat remaining. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.