Sig's Onion and Sausage Salad.
You can have Sig's Onion and Sausage Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Onion and Sausage Salad
- It’s 750 grams of shallots, peeled, sliced thinly into strips.
- You need 25 ml of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 of flat teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fine sugar.
- It’s 150 grams of sweet pickled gherkin, sliced thinly into strips.
- Prepare 275 grams of wedge polony sausage, peeled and sliced into strips.
- It’s strips of or use thick hot dogs from jar, drained, cut into thin.
- You need 2 of apples, to your preference, cut into small strips.
- You need 1 handful of roasted walnuts (optional).
- Prepare of Dressing.
- It’s 185 grams of salad creme at least 10% fat.
- Prepare 150 grams of greek yoghurt.
Sig's Onion and Sausage Salad step by step
- First peel the shallots. Cut them in half and then into thin strips. Put into a large bowl. Mix vinegar, salt and sugar well, pour it over onions, mix well. Put a side plate over onions to fit inside of bowl, then put something heavy like a tin on top. Cover the bowl with cling film. Set aside for at least 2 hours. This is to pickle the shallots. They not need to go into fridge. After the time is up, drain the shallots well..
- Cut the gherkin into small strips. Make the dressing by mixing it well together..
- Peel the sausage and cut it into 2.5 cm (1inch) slices and then cut slices into strips. Quarter the apples, remove core, then cut into thin slices and then strips. Put sausage, gherkins and apples into a dish, cover with the dressing, gently mix..
- Add the shallots, that have been draining into the bowl with the sausage, onions and gherkins, mix gently. Cover with cling film. Put into fridge, cool for about an hour. You can make this salad the day before eating. Taste and season. Add walnuts if you like..