Chicken, leek puree & macadamia paste. An easy chicken and leek pie that's a real crowd-pleaser for all the family. Make our comforting chicken and leek pie with a flaky puff pastry crust. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan and fry the bacon until crisp.
Scrape the mixture into a saucepan and start beating. Add the salt and pepper to taste, butter and nutmeg. How to make chicken and leek pie. You can have Chicken, leek puree & macadamia paste using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken, leek puree & macadamia paste
- Prepare of chicken.
- It’s 1 large of Chicken breast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic.
- You need 20 ml of Virgin Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coconut oil.
- It’s of leek puree.
- Prepare 3 tsp of ghee.
- It’s 2 of leek.
- It’s 250 grams of Cauliflower.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Dry white wine.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Vegetable stock.
- You need of Macadamia paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of Macadamias.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon zest.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Macadamia oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano.
Use this chicken pie recipe to feed the family a delicious The chicken and leek filing is tasty and moist, topped with ready-made puff pastry. This recipe was inspired by Baby FoodE's Simple Leek Purée recipe- we adapted it for Babycook. Preparation Place cauliflower in large microwave-safe bowl. This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase.
Chicken, leek puree & macadamia paste step by step
- Coat the chicken breast slices with a mix of dijon mustard, crushed garlic and virgin olive oil in a bowl and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- For the puree, slice the leek then heat three teaspoons of ghee in a medium saucepan and saute the leek for ten minutes.
- Add cauliflower, white wine and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Turn heat to medium(ish) and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is al dente.
- Blend the cauliflower until smooth, return it back to a saucepan to reheat just before serving.
- Place macadamia nuts, lemon zest and garlic in a food processor and grind into small crumbs..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan to medium and add macadamia mixture..
- Pan fry for 3-4 minutes, stiring every 10-15 seconds until the nuts and garlic start to brown slightly. Turn the heat off, add the lemon juice and stir. Transfer to a bowl, taste testing in the process (hmmm).
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan until sizzling hot and turn the heat to medium..
- Add marinated chicken slices and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.
- Serve chicken breast slices on top of cauliflower and leek puree, sprinkled with a few teaspoons of macadamia crumbs.
- Pig out and say yum.
All our articles and reviews are written. Try our healthier chicken and leek pie recipe. Chicken and leeks are cooked in a creamy sauce and finished off with golden ciabatta breadcrumbs for a clever and healthier alternative to pastry. This will be saved to your scrapbook. Chicken And Leek PieMy Gorgeous Recipes. medium carrots, milk, pepper, plain flour, leek, oil SEARCH.