Vickys Tasty Roast Chicken and White Wine Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Tasty Roast Chicken and White Wine Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Tasty Roast Chicken and White Wine Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 4-6 lb of whole chicken, no giblets.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of low sodium salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 3/4 tsp of chicken seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of Gravy.
- You need tin of Skimmed juices from roasting.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornflour / cornstarch.
- It’s 60 ml (1/4 cup) of water.
- Prepare 60 ml (1/4 cup) of dry white wine.
Vickys Tasty Roast Chicken and White Wine Gravy, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 8 / 230C / 450F.
- Mix the oil and spices together.
- Pat the chicken dry then rub half of the spice mix under the skin and the other half all over the outside.
- Put the chicken in a roasting tin and put in the oven, turning the heat immediately down to gas 5 / 170C / 375F.
- Roast for 20 minutes per pound plus an extra 15 minutes.
- Set aside to rest in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a cutting board or plate and rest a further 10 minutes before carving.
- To make the gravy, skim the fat from the juices in the roasting tin and discard. Add the wine to the liquid and tin scrapings and cook until reduced by half.
- Mix the cornflour and water together then add to the gravy, cooking for a few minutes until thickened.
- Serve with the usual accompaniements.