Lemon Chicken & Potato Oven Bake.
You can have Lemon Chicken & Potato Oven Bake using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Chicken & Potato Oven Bake
- Prepare 8 of chicken thighs/drumsticks, with skin and bone.
- You need 750 g of Jersey Royal new potatoes, washed but not peeled. Cut into halves unless small.
- Prepare 1 of large lemon, juice of.
- Prepare 250 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 150 ml of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried chili flakes.
- You need 1 of red chili, sliced (I leave seeds in).
- You need 2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s Handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
Lemon Chicken & Potato Oven Bake step by step
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 7 or electric equivalent (180C if Circotherm)..
- Arrange chicken portions and potatoes in an oven-proof dish..
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil and crushed garlic together and pour evenly over the chicken and potatoes..
- Mix the rosemary, thyme, oregano, cumin, sea salt and pepper together and “cast” it like seed evenly over the chicken and potatoes..
- Pour the wine gently over all. Gently turn the chicken and potatoes so that all sides are moist..
- Distribute the chili flakes, chili and paprika evenly over all..
- Cook in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes, then increase the heat to Gas Mark 8 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 190C) and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until both chicken and potatoes are cooked..
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve onto hot plates. Accompaniments are not needed but some roasted Mediterranean vegetables and/or a crusty roll go well – however, this is a pretty substantial meal in itself..