Chicken Taco (Roti).
You can have Chicken Taco (Roti) using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Taco (Roti)
- It’s of For the chicken.
- You need 1 kg of deboned chicken thighs, chopped.
- You need 1 of red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped tomato and basil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground garlic.
- You need 1 Tbsp of all-purpose seasoning.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- You need of to taste, Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Guacamole.
- Prepare 2 of avocados.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of red chillie.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- You need 1/2 of juice of a lemon.
- Prepare pinch of sugar.
- You need of Assemble.
- You need 6 of rotis.
- Prepare 1 of chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 of iceberg lettuce, roughly shredded.
- It’s 1 cup of greek yoghurt or natural yoghurt.
Chicken Taco (Roti) step by step
- Pre-season chicken with garlic and all-purpose seasoning for a minimum of 30 minutes. Saute the chicken in hot oil till brown. Add the chopped onion and fry till translucent. Finally add tomatoes and simmer for 5-10mins. If it is too dry, add a little water..
- In a blender, add all ingredients for the guacamole and blend. No blender, no problem, use a fork or pestle and motor to blend..
- To assemble, fill each taco/roti shell with 2 tablespoons of chicken and top with guacamole, iceberg lettuce, chopped tomatoes. Drizzle with yoghurt. Now chow….
- The options for toppings are endless, try these; grated or melted cheese, diced red onion, jalapenos, taco sauce, sour cream, guacamole, mayonnaise, salad cream, amasi etc..