Chicken curry made in the instant pot. A simple Chicken Curry made in the Instant Pot. Prepared in a simple onion-tomato gravy with the aroma of whole spices. Make Easy Instant Pot Chicken Curry (Pressure Cooker Chicken Curry) with pantry ingredients!
Perfect Instant Pot Butter Chicken Curry – A vibrant and tantalizing butter chicken curry recipe that is made in just minutes using your pressure cooker! This flavorful classic Indian butter chicken recipe is sure to be a hit with your family. This authentic Indian Instant Pot chicken curry is a delicious family recipe. You can have Chicken curry made in the instant pot using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken curry made in the instant pot
- Prepare 1 of Whole Medium chicken cut medium pieces.
- It’s 3 tbspn of Ghee or Butter.
- Prepare of Whole cloves 2.
- It’s of Whole bay leaves 2.
- It’s 3/4 of Whole Black Peppercorns.
- It’s of Cinnamon stick 1/2.
- Prepare of Onion 3 small chopped.
- Prepare of Chilli powder 1tsp or to taste.
- You need of Green chilli paste 3/4tsp or to taste.
- It’s of Garlic ginger paste 3 tsps.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Dhana Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare of Salt 3/4 tsp or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of harder (turmeric).
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala use right at the end.
- It’s of Coriander fresh to garnish.
- Prepare 3/4 tin of chopped tomatoes (or passata equivalent).
Close Instant Pot Lid and make sure steam release handle is in the 'Sealing' position. Reviews for: Photos of Instant Pot® Coconut Curry Chicken. Served over jasmine brown rice, made separately in the IP while my coconut chicken curry stayed warm on stovetop (extra IP stainless steel liner is key. It's an easy to follow recipe and apart from setting your timer, you don't really Instant Pot makes cooking easy and quick.
Chicken curry made in the instant pot instructions
- Add Ghee (you can use butter or oil instead if you prefer) to the IP (or pan) add the whole spices and put IP on Sauté function add the onions and brown… in the IP is so quick it will only take 5/6 mins….in the saucepan it will take 15/20 mins.
- Then add the passata or tinned tomatoes and the powdered spices (except Garam Masala) plus salt garlic ginger and green chilli. Give this all a good stir. I do this part with the IP off as it’s still very hot from the onions cooking. Also add 1/2 cups of water depending on how much sauce you require.
- Add chicken and stir. Put the instant pot on for 20 min on low pressure cook. The IP will cook for 20 mins then normally it cools for 20 mins…But I cancel cooking after 20 mins & would suggest you release the air yourself and check your curry as it will more then likely be done. Ive cooked it in IP 4 times now and it’s always done in 20mins for me..
- You will know it’s done when the oil sits on top of the sauce. If you feel it needs a few more mins just put the lid on for 5/6 mins while the IP is turned off it will still cook as the base is still very hot.
- Once your happy your chicken is done add Garam masala and coriander.
- Serve hot with rice naan/chappati.
However, note that the cooking time stated in the recipe does not include the time needed for the pressure cooker to. Instant Pot Chicken Curry is a satisfying and comforting dish that is full of bold flavor. You'll love how easy to make this chicken curry Instant Pot dish using Easy and Affordable – I am convinced that everything is easier in the Instant Pot. With a few simple steps, you'll have this curry recipe whipped. This Instant Pot Chicken recipe turns out so soft, juicy, soaks in the flavors of spices in a great way.