Chicken Fried Rice.
You can have Chicken Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Rice
- Prepare 125 g of day old cooked white rice,.
- You need 100 g of frozen cooked chicken pieces, or left over roast chicken,.
- You need 1 of small handful of frozen petit pois peas,.
- It’s 2 of finely sliced spring onions,.
- You need 1 of small or medium egg, beaten,.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- It’s of Couple of drops of premium dark soy sauce, to taste,.
- It’s 1 of small pinch of salt,.
- You need of Vegetable oil for frying.
Chicken Fried Rice step by step
- Get a wok to heat up over a high heat hob and add in a few sprays or 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot add in the chicken and fry for around 3 minutes. Scrape the chicken to the side of the wok and add the beaten egg to the other and allow to sit and cook for around a minute, before gently flipping it then breaking it up into smaller pieces. Stir together with the chicken..
- If needed, add a little more oil to the wok then add in 9/10ths of the onion and fry for around a minute, next add the rice. Toss everything together then add the peas. Keep moving everything around the wok as it fries..
- Add in both the light and dark soy sauce and a small pinch of table salt. Toss everything together until the rice becomes a lovely golden brown colour from being coated by the soy..
- Once the rice starts 'popping' and jumping about in the hot wok you know it's ready. Serve up and sprinkle over the remaining spring onion as a garnish..
- Delicious either eaten alone or as a side to other dishes. Enjoy!.