Pesto pasta salad. This pesto pasta salad is pasta with mozzarella cheese, olives, tomatoes and pine nuts, all tossed with fresh basil pesto. An easy side dish that's perfect for a potluck or picnic. This pesto pasta salad recipe is bursting with bold, fresh flavors!
Summer pesto pasta salad with fresh basil pesto, spiral pasta, pine nuts, olives, peas, and cherry tomatoes. Rotini pasta is tossed with pesto, fresh mozzarella, and tomatoes for a colorful pasta version of Caprese salad. Pasta salad lasts for days in the fridge, making it great for potlucks and picnics. You can cook Pesto pasta salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pesto pasta salad
- Prepare of For the pesto.
- It’s 1 pack of cashews.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
- You need of Basil.
- Prepare of Large handful of spinach.
- Prepare of Chop up:.
- It’s of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Olives.
- Prepare of Feta.
- Prepare of Broccoli.
Before tossing the pesto with the pasta, you'll add three simple upgrades: lemon juice, mayo, and spinach. Pasta salads can be served as a main dish with a side of grilled corn on the cob and fresh fruit, or as side dish served with something off the grill. Pasta salads are the ultimate summer move, especially when it's too hot to use the oven. Adding an easy homemade pesto to pasta salad elevates it to much more than a picnic or barbecue side.
Pesto pasta salad instructions
- Heat the chickpea pasta in a saucepan over medium heat until ready and set aside to cool.
- Blend all of the pesto ingredients together until smooth and set aside.
- Chop up all of the vegetables. Mix your desired amount of pesto into the pasta and then add the vegetables. Serve into bowls and enjoy!.
- Leftover pesto can be frozen to use in the future or can be used as a dip.
Classic pasta salad made with creamy pesto dressing and roasted tomatoes. The perfect quick + easy side dish. This chicken pesto pasta salad is quick, easy, and a great way to use up leftover chicken. To make this pesto pasta salad really simple, I used rotisserie chicken. You can use any pre-cooked chicken.