Mexican Pulled Chicken.
You can have Mexican Pulled Chicken using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Pulled Chicken
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts, around 300g worth,.
- You need 4 tbsp of Chipotle BBQ sauce,.
- It’s of For the chicken dry rub.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper,.
- You need 2 tsp of smoked paprika,.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic granules,.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes,.
- It’s 1 tsp of pre-mixed Mexican herb blend, (optional),.
- Prepare of Salt and white pepper to season,.
- It’s of For the broth base:.
- It’s 1 pint (500 ml) of boiling water,.
- You need 1-2 of chipotle Morita dried chillies,.
- Prepare 3 of guajillo dried chillies,.
- It’s 1 cube of chicken or vegetable stock,.
- It’s of For frying:.
- You need of Enough vegetable oil to cover 2mm entire base of the skillet.
- You need of Equipment recommended:.
- You need 1 of large cast iron skillet.
Mexican Pulled Chicken instructions
- Stir the chicken/vegetable stock through the boiling water, then add in the dried chilli peppers. Cover in cling film and set aside to infuse for at least an hour. The longer, the better..
- Mix together the dry rub ingredients in a bowl or upon a tray then cover the chicken breasts in the mixture evenly so no gaps are showing..
- Heat up a large skillet over a medium heat. Add in the oil. Place in the marinated chicken breasts and gently fry on both sides until lightly charred and the spices are cooked off..
- Pour in the pre prepared chilli broth by tipping it through a sieve to catch the rehydrated chilli peppers. Set the chillies aside on a chopping board. Bring the stock to a gentle simmer..
- Chop up the rehydrated chillies, discarding the stalks. Add them in with the chicken. Simmer away gently until the chicken is cooked right through. Once cooked through using a couple of forks shred up the chicken breasts by pulling them apart and leave the pieces to simmer in the now reduced broth..
- Once the broth has almost completely reduced down and soaked into the pulled chicken remove from the heat and stir through the chipotle BBQ sauce, simmer for a couple more minutes and if needed pour in around 50ml water to loosen up the sauce, depending on how dry/saucy you like your pulled chicken. It's now ready to serve! Enjoy. :).