Korean Popcorn Fried Chicken. I personally prefer Korean popcorn chicken over typical Korean fried chicken because it's easier and more neat to eat. Anyway, I hope you show some Korean popcorn chicken love this weekend! I'm sure your family and friends will appreciate this!
Korean Popcorn Chicken is sticky, spicy, tangy and crunchy. Inspired by the hyper-famous Korean street snack, Dakgangjeong, boneless chicken is deep fried and tossed in a sweet, sour and spicy sauce that makes every bite super addictive. Korean fried chicken, usually called chikin (치킨, from the English "chicken") in Korea, refers to a variety of fried chicken dishes created in South Korea, including the basic huraideu-chicken. You can cook Korean Popcorn Fried Chicken using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Popcorn Fried Chicken
- It’s of Fried Chicken.
- It’s 500 G of Boneless Chicken.
- You need 2 TBSP of Shaoxin.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Minced Ginger.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Fine Sea Salt.
- You need 1/2 TBSP of Grounded Blackpepper.
- It’s 1 Cup of Potato Starch.
- Prepare of Cooking oil for deep frying.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 3 TBSP of Ketchup.
- You need 2-2.5 TBSP of Gochujang Sauce.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Honey.
- Prepare 1/4 of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- It’s of Roasted Sesame Seed.
- Prepare of Spring Onions (Finely Chopped).
The easiest Korean fried chicken recipe you can make! Dakgangjeong (닭강정) is a deep-fried crispy chicken dish glazed in a sticky, sweet, and spicy However, dakgangjeong made with bite sized boneless chicken pieces has become a recent food craze in Korea, adding to the growing trends of. Birthed from the union of two of the most popular chicken restaurants in South Korea, you can be sure that Oven & Fried Chicken knows its stuff. Make social videos in an instant: use custom templates to tell the right story for your business.
Korean Popcorn Fried Chicken instructions
- Add all sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and set it aside.
- Dice chicken into bite size and put them into a mixing bowl.
- Mix chicken evenly with rice wine, ginger, salt and black pepper.
- Coat it evenly with potato starch.
- Pour oil into a deep saucepan and heat it till boiling point at 175 degree Celsius.
- Put some coated diced chicken in to fry for 2-3 minutes (Do not overcrowd).
- Repeat process until it’s all finished.
- Fry the fried chicken again for 2-3 minutes for that extra crunch (Do not over crowd).
- Sap it with kitchen paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Set it aside.
- Put the small saucepan with sauce onto a stove and heart it on a low-medium heat until it starts to bubble (Keep stirring during this process).
- Remove from the heat once it starts to bubble.
- Pour sauce over the chicken in a big mixing bowl and mix it around until it’s evenly coated.
- Sprinkle garnish over it.
Post jobs, find pros, and collaborate commission-free in our professional marketplace. Get your team aligned with all the tools you need on one secure, reliable video platform. A slightly healthier, much easier, take on Korean style fried chicken. Inspired by the food carts found on the streets in Seoul. Korean fried chicken is typically crispy and crunchy, achieved by double-frying and with creative batter mixes.