Vegan Hearty Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole. It's my version of broccoli mushroom stir fry with tons and tons of green veggies and nuts. I was going to say it is vegetarian but I just realized it's vegan. Pulse, broccoli, mushrooms, onions and garlic separately in a food processor (unless you have a very large one) until broken into tiny pieces.
Delicious warm or cold, this Broccoli and Mushroom Quinoa makes for a delicious accompaniment to just about any meal… or, add a little bit of protein to instantly turn it into a complete meal! Thai Fried Rice With Broccoli and Mushrooms. Click here for nine vegan salads for when you want to feel extra healthy. salad. broccoli. mushrooms. spinach. porridge. bowl. breakfast. healthy. vegan. vegetable. vegetarian. You can have Vegan Hearty Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Hearty Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole
- You need 1 bunch of fresh broccoli peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 box of Organic mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Organic celery, chopped.
- Prepare 5 clove of Green Onions, chopped.
- You need 1 small of jar chopped pimentos, + 3 tbs chopped garlic.
- It’s 2 cup of Long grain brown 20 minute rice.
- It’s 4 cup of Water as needed (see directions).
- You need 1 cup of White wine.
- Prepare of No cheese sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Red bell pepper seeded & chopped.
- You need 1 medium of sweet white onion, chopped into chunks.
- Prepare 1 cup of Nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cashews.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to season.
- You need of Topping.
- You need 3 cup of Crushed cracker crumbs (I prefer rice crackers).
- It’s 1 oz of Poppy seeds.
- It’s 1 packages of Toasted sea salt sliced almonds.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to taste.
Healthy vegetarian bowl with eggs, quinoa, spinach, avocado, grilled brussels sprouts and broccoli. Our collection of healthy vegan broccoli recipes serve as a reminder that this classic vegetable deserves to retain its lofty standing, kale or no kale! Broccoli may have lost a bit of its standing in the world of cruciferous vegetables now that kale has taken over the world, but it's still a powerhouse. These creamy mushroom gnocchi with broccoli make such an easy and delicious dinner!
Vegan Hearty Broccoli, Mushroom & Rice Casserole instructions
- Begin with a large deep sauté pan or Dutch oven. Put about 2 tbs of olive oil in pan on medium heat. Sauté green onion, broccoli, celery, mushrooms, garlic & pimento all together for 5 minutes. Add 2 cups water, cover & sauté 5 more minutes. Add wine and rice. Simmer 10 minutes and evaluate moisture level. You want the consistency to be wet to allow rice to absorb when the mixture goes into casserole to bake. Use your judgement to determine if you need to add the remaining water during this 10 minute cook time. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- While the casserole mixture is at a low heat simmer, begin your no cheese sauce..
- No Cheese Sauce: place the red bell pepper, the sweet onion, the cashews, and the nutritional yeast, salt, & water into a vitamix or other high speed food processor. Mix for approximately 2 minutes at high speed..
- Add the No cheese sauce to the casserole mixture. Remove from heat and stir mixture together evenly..
- Scoop the casserole mixture into a large glass Pyrex casserole dish..
- Prepare Topping: crush enough of your favorite crackers to have 3 heaping cups. I like to toss them into a large ziplock bag and crush to a crumb texture. Pour into a bowl. Add sliced almonds, poppy seeds, and olive oil. Add salt to taste..
- Spoon and spread topping over top of casserole. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F..
In this healthy vegetarian fried rice recipe, seitan, broccoli and mushrooms are tossed with creamy coconut milk and reduced-sodium soy sauce for a delicious one-bowl dinner. If you don't have leftover cooked rice on hand, be sure to thoroughly cool your rice before adding it to the wok–if it's too warm. Toss in the chopped onions, broccoli florets and mushrooms. Stir fry for a few minutes. Add salt to taste and let cook until half done.