Vegan Steamed Buns without Yeast.
You can have Vegan Steamed Buns without Yeast using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Steamed Buns without Yeast
- It’s of Dough:.
- It’s 180 grams of ●Cake flour.
- You need 30 grams of ●Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ●Beet sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ●Baking powder.
- It’s 150 ml of Lukewarm water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- Prepare 2 of 3 slices Freeze-dried tofu.
- Prepare 3 of leaves Cabbage.
- You need 3 of Fresh shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 1 of level tablespoon ○White miso.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ○Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ○Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of ○Beet sugar.
Vegan Steamed Buns without Yeast step by step
- Make the dough:.
- Add the ingredients marked with ● into a bowl and mix together with a whisk..
- Add some warm water (around 40°C) to the bowl a little at a time and knead the dough until it becomes the consistency of an earlobe..
- Add the sesame oil and knead once more. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest for 30 minutes..
- Make the filling:.
- Mix together the ingredients marked with ○..
- Without re-soaking the freeze-dried tofu, break it up into little pieces (as if it had been finely chopped). Don't worry if there are lots of crumbs..
- Finely chop the cabbage and shiitake mushrooms..
- Add some sesame oil (not listed in ingredients) to a frying pan and stir-fry the ginger until fragrant..
- Stir fry the ingredients from Step 8 and once cooked, add the tofu and mixed ○ ingredients. Cook through..
- Gently stretch out the dough and stuff with filling. Line the buns up in a steamer lined with parchment paper and steam on medium heat for 15-20 minutes..