Ghanaian vegetable Jollof rice with red seasoned chicken. Add the rice, mixed vegetables, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with foil and a lid. Despite the fact that Jollof Rice is a common dish in West Africa, the Ghana Jollof recipe possesses ingredients and procedures that make the dish peculiar.
This recipe is especially great for on special occasions I like. Ghanaian jollof rice is a jewel of Ghanaian cuisine. It's a rice dish with meat, vegetables cooked in spices, stock and tomato puree in the form of a stew. You can cook Ghanaian vegetable Jollof rice with red seasoned chicken using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ghanaian vegetable Jollof rice with red seasoned chicken
- You need of Rice.
- Prepare of Tomato puree.
- It’s of fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare of onions.
- It’s of spring onions.
- It’s of carrots.
- It’s of Green pepper.
- You need of spices(powdered pepper, ginger, garlic, salt).
- It’s of chicken.
- It’s of oil.
- You need of water.
You can regulate the tomato puree with a little bit of water or chicken stock, which you'll need for later use. Also, remember to add some seasoning. Jollof Rice is a popular West African casserole of chicken, rice and vegetables in a mild tomato curry sauce. Full of interesting flavors yet mild enough to please picky palates, this is When Jollof rice first landed on our dinner table, my family had never tasted or even heard of Jollof rice, yet it felt familiar.
Ghanaian vegetable Jollof rice with red seasoned chicken step by step
- First season your chicken with the spices and steam it for 8 to 10mins.
- After that deep fry the chicken.
- Chop your vegetables nicely.
- Pour your oil in to a clean pan then add your chopped onions and fresh tomatoes and leave it to cook for 3-5mins.
- Now add your spices a nd tomato puree and stir till it's perfectly mixed and cook for 5mins.
- Pour in your stock and add water and salt and stir. now wait for it to boil for 8-10mins.
- Pour in your rice and stir till all the water evaporate.
- When done, cover your food and leave it to cook for about 10mins..
- When nicely cooked, add in your vegetables and mix it gentle. leave to cook for 3mins.
- Food is ready. Serve with hot black pepper or tomato stew..
Jollof rice, which is also known as Benachin, is one of the most common dishes in many countries in West Africa. It is a one-pot dish that can include many useful ingredients all together, and it is served in weddings and gatherings due to its national popularity among the Ghanaian people. "Ghanaian jollof Rice Recipe" is published by The Food Guy. Add the rice, mixed vegetables, and water. Jollof rice can be served with chicken. In this instance, the chicken stock can be added to the stew.