Tomato, Serrano Ham and Melon Salad. Put the melon, tomatoes and cucumber in a serving bowl with the shredded mint and toss together gently until the mint is well distributed. Combine Serrano ham, manchego cheese and different varieties of tomato, drizzle with an almond parsley dressing, for a light summer side or tapas dish. The Best Serrano Ham Recipes on Yummly
Add cantaloupe and ham; toss gently to coat. Arrange arugula in an even layer on a serving platter. There's something deeply satisfying about the warm bread, ripe tomato and golden oil together. You can have Tomato, Serrano Ham and Melon Salad using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato, Serrano Ham and Melon Salad
- You need 2 tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 1/4 of honeydew or cantaloupe melon, cut into star shapes.
- You need 1/4 of cucumber, sliced.
- It’s 4 of basil leaves, torn into pieces.
- It’s 6 of thin slices of Serrano ham, torn into pieces.
- Prepare 4 of large handfuls of mixed leaves.
- It’s of For the dressing:.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s pinch of caster sugar.
- Prepare of salt and pepper for seasoning.
And you can top it with anchovies, cheese or ham to create In the first, more traditional recipe, you rub the tomato directly on the bread and the crunchy toast acts like a grater. In the second, we use a grater. Cut the melon in half, peel and slice very thinly. Toss the lettuce and drained fennel with the olive oil and seasoning.
Tomato, Serrano Ham and Melon Salad instructions
- In a large bowl mix together the tomatoes, melon, cucumber, basil, Serrano ham and salad leaves Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, olive oil, caster sugar and seasoning Pour over the salad and enjoy.
Cook's note: The sweetness of the melon and saltiness of the ham are a fine juxtaposition. It's good on its own, and will go further with crisp lettuce and fennel. Full of flavor, this Spanish Serrano ham tapas recipe is an easy dish to prepare that requires no cooking. If you are short on time, this is for you. Salty and full of flavor, Serrano ham makes an excellent contrast with sweet, juicy honeydew melon.