Fresh Methi Chicken (Murgh Curry). Hyderabadi Methi Chicken Curry or Methi Murgh – is a delicately spiced, creamy and delicious curry of chicken cooked with fresh fenugreek or methi leaves. Stunningly tasty and super quick, a perfect winter dinner to keep you warm! Here is how to make methi chicken recipe step by step.
Simple & Easy Recipe To Follow! Chicken breasts simmer in a curry sauce with yogurt, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and ginger in this spicy Indian dish. The chiles make it much more authentic and tasteful, especially if you All Reviews for Indian Chicken Curry (Murgh Kari). You can cook Fresh Methi Chicken (Murgh Curry) using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fresh Methi Chicken (Murgh Curry)
- It’s 10 of chicken things or 4 breast.
- It’s 300 g of sliced onions.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ginger paste.
- You need 4 of fresh tomatoes.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garam masala.
- You need 6 of green chillies.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 200 g of fresh methi (fresh fenugreek leaves).
- Prepare of Oil for frying the chicken.
Tender pieces of chicken are cooked with the fresh fenugreek leaves; A winning combination for sure. This is one of those outrageously delicious Methi Murgh-Chicken Curry with Fenugreek Leaves. About Fresh Methi Chicken Recipe: A chicken curry with Fenugreek leaves (methi) is a hearty and healthy dish that is just perfect for a quick dinner dish. The subtle yet unique flavour of methi that comes in the curry is refreshing and as delicious as it can get.
Fresh Methi Chicken (Murgh Curry) instructions
- Chop the chicken thighs in to medium sized pieces or diced the chicken breast (if using the breast instead chicken thighs..
- Marinate the chicken with eggs, salt, 1 tbsp turmeric and garlic. Leave it in the fridge for 2 hours..
- Prepare the stuff for masala by slicing the onions, grated garlic, ginger and chopped green chillies..
- Heat up one cup of oil and fry the marinated chicken. Once fried, take the chicken out of the oil and place in to clean dish..
- Drain some of the oil and leave 2 tbsp oil in the same dish to cook the masala. Sauté the cumin seeds, garlic until brown. Add sliced onions. Cook the onions until oil starts to separate..
- Add chopped tomatoes, ginger, chillies and salt. Cook it for 20 mins on medium heat. Keep stirring after 5 mins. Add turmeric and 1/2 cup water..
- Once the gravy cooked to nice consistency, add fresh Methi. Cook it for further 5-10 mins..
- Add chicken. Mix it together till the masala coated nicely to the chicken..
- Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve with Rice and Naan..
Methi Murg is a simple, delicious chicken curry featuring fresh fenugreek leaves. It is easy to put together. Use this recipe to learn to make it. Methi Murg – Methi Chicken – Chicken Curry With Fenugreek. Methi Chicken is one of the most popular delicious dishes from the Hyderabadi cuisine.