Thai prawn and noodle soup. Pour over the soup and top with a handful of coriander leaves, the chilli slices and chopped peanuts. A wonderfully warming Thai noodle soup, with fragrant spices and a little heat all balanced with rich coconut milk. Reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes while you devein the prawns by cutting along the back of the prawn with a small sharp knife and removing the black 'thread' using the point of.
You will especially welcome this soup's warmth during the fall and winter when it can also provide you with added health. Shrimp and Thai noodle soup bowl with chopsticks along with fried wonton or rangoon type appetizers Bowl of delicious noodle soup with prawns. Made this soup last night, very tasty! You can have Thai prawn and noodle soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai prawn and noodle soup
- You need of Thai red curry paste (to taste!).
- Prepare 200 ml of coconut milk.
- You need of Fish sauce (spoonful or so).
- It’s of Bean sprouts (small tin).
- It’s 200 g of noodles.
- You need 200 g of prawns.
- It’s of Spring onions to garnish.
- It’s of Coriander to garnish.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- It’s 200 ml of water.
- You need Squeeze of lime.
And once the flavorful base is made, what you put in the soup is very adaptable. Today I've added prawns – but it's delicious with tofu or chicken too, or even just veggies. See more ideas about Thai noodle soups, Thai noodles and Noodle soup. Penang Hokkien Mee – a spicy noodle soup dish topped with bean sprouts, spinach, eggs, prawns, pork and sambal.
Thai prawn and noodle soup step by step
- Dissolve the curry paste in a little coconut milk. Add the rest of the milk. Then add water, sliced peppers, fish sauce and bean sprouts. Simmer for 10 -15 mins.
- Add prawns and then noodles. Simmer for another 5 mins or so. Garnish with a squeeze of lime, chopped spring onions and if you fancy, some coriander :).
The broth is amazing; made by frying and cooking prawn shells with shallots and chilli paste in a chicken. Bring the broth to just below simmering point, then add the prawns and pak choi stems. Growing up, prawn noodles has always been one of my favourite hawker foods, so I was more than excited to be doing a guide on the best prawn noodles in Singapore. It's important not to confuse this soup-based prawn noodle with Hokkien prawn mee though, which we have also written about. Thai Chicken Noodle Soup- authentic and easy Thai coconut chicken soup broth with noodles and veggies.