Sig's Cauliflower, Pea and Chorizo Salad.
You can have Sig's Cauliflower, Pea and Chorizo Salad using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Cauliflower, Pea and Chorizo Salad
- You need 1 of large cauliflower.
- It’s 125 grams of frozen petite pois (small peas).
- Prepare 1 of good pinch of salt.
- Prepare of For dressing.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 cloves of smoked garlic, ordinary will do though.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mild mustard.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice or raspberry vinegar.
- You need 3 tablespoons of mild vegetable salad oil.
- You need 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of anchovy filet in oil, drained.
- You need 125 g of quark or greek style joghurt.
- You need 1 of good pinch of golden sugar to taste.
- Prepare 1-2 pinches of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 of good handful garlic chives, ordinary will do though.
- Prepare 125 g of sliced chorizo, chopped roughly.
- You need 1 of small pinch of chilli flakes (optional).
Sig's Cauliflower, Pea and Chorizo Salad instructions
- Brake the cauliflower into small rosettes, removing most of the little stems. Heat pot with water, add cauliflower and petite pois, simmer until cauliflower is al dente (about 10 to 15 min depending on size of rosettes)Drain well. Whilst the vegetables are simmering, chop garlic finely,sprinkle with salt, realy grind down until garlic releases oil. Set aside for about 15 minutes..
- Hardboil the eggs, remove the egg yolk, set aside. Mix all dressing ingredients apart from the quark, the egg yolks, chives, sugar, pepper, chilli flakes if using and chorizo. Mash the anchovy down into the garlic, mustard,vinegar and oil. Pour the dressing over the quark combine well..
- Add the egg yolk, chives, sugar, pepper and chilli to taste mix until smooth..
- Pour the complete dressing over the vegetables, sprinkle chorizo over top and carefully combine. Leave to stand for flavours to combine. Can be made 6-8 hours ahead. If you dont want the chorizo to colour the salad, add the chorizo just before serving, but you will lose out on some of the flavour. Instead of the anchovy or chorizo use a char grilled cheese like a halloumi or use black pitted kalamata olives try not to use the cheaper ink coloured black olives..