Sig's Tofu with Chilly and Basil.
You can have Sig's Tofu with Chilly and Basil using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Tofu with Chilly and Basil
- You need 1/2 cup of of fresh basil leaves ( sweet Thai is best but Greek or ordinary will do).
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 4 slice of tofu about 1 cm thick.
- Prepare 1 of clove of garlic , large.
- Prepare 1 of small red chilli.
- It’s 1 of to 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce, light.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce, dark.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar ( optional ).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of cornflour.
- It’s 4 tbsp of water.
Sig's Tofu with Chilly and Basil step by step
- Heat half the oil, fry the basil leaves until crisp , set leaves aside keep oil for frying the tofu..
- Drain and dry the tofu cut off 4 slices of about 1 cm thickness. Fry to golden brown from both sides in the basil oil. Remove and set aside .( If the leftover uncooked tofu is fresh put any leftover,covered in chilled water in fridge for up to two days.).
- In the meantime slice one large clove of garlic and one small red chilli , add remaining oil and fry gently until nearly brown ..
- add soy sauces and 1-2 tablespoon of good honey..
- Mix cornflour with water and stir in to the garlic chilli mix until it thickens. Sweeten the sauce further with some sugar ( optional).
- Plate the tofu, pour over the sauce and serve with the crisped basil leaves ..