Vegan Scrambled Tofu. High protein and super eggy vegan tofu scramble! This hearty and satisfying vegan breakfast is super close to scrambled eggs in taste without actually being scrambled eggs, which is super cool! This is a super easy vegan tofu scramble recipe that only takes minutes to make and tastes delicious.
Showing you how to make the BEST Tofu Scramble recipe! These vegan scrambled eggs are flavorful and fluffy (and easy to make). Tofu scramble is a popular vegan breakfast dish similar to scrambled eggs. You can cook Vegan Scrambled Tofu using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Scrambled Tofu
- You need 1 block of extra firm tofu.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2/3 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 of heaped tbsp nutritional yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of Kala Numak (black salt).
- It’s Pinch of black pepper.
- You need 1/3 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 100 ml of plant based milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil for frying.
- It’s of Chives for garnish.
Although this recipe calls for onions and green peppers, try adding some mock meat crumbles or experiment with different. Serve the scrambled tofu with a side of toast and some fresh fruit, or try one of the serving suggestions below. My tofu scrambled eggs recipe is one of my most popular vegan recipes and I wanted to share how to make. This easy tofu scramble recipe makes a delicious breakfast.
Vegan Scrambled Tofu step by step
- Prepare the tofu by lightly pressing dry inside a tea towel or some kitchen roll and roughly chop into squares of around 1inch. Make sure not to crumble the tofu as this will change the end texture..
- Prepare the 'eggy' mixture by combining the rest of the ingredients (minus the chives and oil) in a small bowl and set aside..
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat. Once the oil is hot add the tofu and cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally for around 8 minutes or until some of the tofu begins to brown slightly..
- Pour the 'eggy' mixture over the browned tofu and gently stir to combine. Cook on a medium to high heat allowing the liquid to simmer around the tofu for around 8 minutes or until the majority of the liquid is absorbed by the tofu..
- Serve immediately and garnish with chives..
Find out how to make vegan scrambled eggs with a basic tofu Farmer's Market Tofu Scramble. posted by Marina Delio These Vegan Scrambled Tofu Tacos are really easy to make, fresh and flavourful and super nutritious! Why you'll love these Vegan Scrambled Tofu Tacos What Makes Tofu Scramble Yellow? Of course we want our tofu scramble not only to taste like scrambled eggs but also to look like scrambled eggs. For the yellow color, I used turmeric, which.