Ethiopian black eyed beans stew (vegan). Vegan black-eyed bean stew has been a staple in our household. In Ghana, they call black-eyed bean stew red-red. It gets the red colour from the red palm oil they use, which is easily accessible.
Mixed Dal with green mung beans and Lobhia. I usually make blackeyed peas stew with bamboo shoots (more of an asian flavor) but the indian version sounds perfect. This vegan Ethiopian Stew with lentils and vegetables is spiced with berbere, a traditional spice mix of cardamom, coriander and black peppercorns, and it is full of I had most of the ingredients I needed for this Ethiopian stew in my pantry. You can cook Ethiopian black eyed beans stew (vegan) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ethiopian black eyed beans stew (vegan)
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of & 1/2 of Yellow Ras el Hanout.
- It’s 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of Cayenne pepper powder.
- You need to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 3 of gloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of medium sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 handful of coriander.
- You need 1 tin of coconut milk.
- Prepare 500 g of black eyed beans.
- It’s 1 squeeze of Agave syrup.
- It’s 2 of vegetable stocks cubes.
- It’s 1 of drizzle of olive oil.
- You need of I didn’t add okra this time but it tastes lovely with it 😋.
- You need of Pro tip: mash a couple of sweet potatoes to make the stew thicker.
I used mushrooms, sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and red. Black eyed peas and spinach stew is a wholesome meal that is flavorful, hearty and healthy. It's one of the dish to make when you are craving comfort food. The creamy texture of the beans balances well with smoky flavors and spiciness of the seasoning.
Ethiopian black eyed beans stew (vegan) instructions
- Place all the ingredients together.
- Place Drizzle of olive oil into a pan, pre heat then add onions. Cook onions until the are semi cooked.
- Once onions are semi cooked, add spices and agave nectar and cook for another another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatos and cook for another 2 -3 minutes.
- Add red pepper and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk to the above and cook on gas mark 6 until it starts boiling, once it starts boiling reduce heat to gas mark 4 and leave for 20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes..
- Add the black eyed beans, coriander, stir and leave for another 15 minutes. Be mindful to stir every couple of minutes so it doesn’t burn..
- Serve along with rice and decorate with couple of pumpkin seeds, coriander and spring onion..
This vegan spin on a classic dish is meaty, savory, and satisfying. Ethiopian Lentil Stew -A healthy Vegan Ethiopian-spiced Stew with lentil. Laced with berbere spice and Niter kibbeh. You will love this protein and fiber packed meal! To some people, Lentils may be synonymous with "dull and boring." However, dull and boring doesn't even come close to describing.