Clam Miso Soup.
You can have Clam Miso Soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Clam Miso Soup
- Prepare 200 g of Clams *I used Pippi.
- Prepare 1 cup of Salted Water *1 cup Water & 1 teaspoon Salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of light Dashi Stock *OR 2 cups Water & 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 to 2 tablespoons Miso *alter the amount depending on the saltiness of the Miso you use.
- It’s 1/2 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
Clam Miso Soup instructions
- Clean Clams and place them in a deep plate or container in a single layer. Pour over Salted Water, set aside in a cool place for 1-2 hours, and let them spit out the grit. *Note: Some store-bought Clams are ready to use without doing this process..
- Clean the Clams with fresh water before you cook them..
- Place Clams and Dashi Stock in a saucepan, and bring to the boil. Remove scums on the surface if any..
- When Clams are open, add Miso. Remove the soup from the heat just before it starts to boil. And that’s it!.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion and enjoy with freshly cooked Rice..