Peanut stew (vegan). How to Serve Vegan Peanut Stew. Brown rice is my carb of choice to go with this dish because of it's slightly nutty flavor and extra texture, so I like to scoop a bit straight into my bowl of stew. Peanut stew is a staple food of Western Africa.
Packed with hearty ingredients like protein-rich white beans, sweet potatoes, and kale, it's a. Vegan Coconut & Peanut Stew with Kidney Beans. This deliciously creamy and rich coconut-based Vegan Peanut Stew makes for a warm and comforting easy weeknight meal that's super quick and. You can cook Peanut stew (vegan) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut stew (vegan)
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin.
- You need to taste of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 3 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 squeeze of agave syrup.
- Prepare 500 g of black eyed beans.
- Prepare 3 of heaped tbsp peanut butter/paste.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable pot stock.
- You need 1 handful of fresh spinach.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s of Be creative and add okra, zucchini, or any of your favourite vegetables.
This vegan main dish recipe for an intensely flavored, African-inspired peanut stew comes out perfectly in the Instant Pot(R). It is packed with vegetables, kidney beans, spices and flavour. The cumin, turmeric and chilli work well with the creamy peanut butter in. This vegan African Peanut Stew is like eating a hot, bubbling pot of peanut butter with delicious veggies dunked inside.
Peanut stew (vegan) instructions
- Prepare all the ingredients..
- Boil a cup of water and add the vegetable stock pot. Cook for a couple of minutes until it’s dissolved, then leave aside..
- In a large pan over high heat, warm the coconut oil. Add the onion and sprinkle with salt and cook for 2 minutes. Following the garlic for another 2 minutes..
- Add the fresh tomato pure (I blended the tomatoes to make it) cook for 2 minutes. Then add the cayenne pepper, ginger, red pepper, agave syrup, cumin and ground coriander and fry for another 2/3 more minutes..
- Add the peanut butter, vegetable soup, coconut milk and sweet potato. Stir together and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes..
- Add the black eyed beans, spinach and cook for another 10/15 minutes..
- Serve it along with rice. I like to add avocado, plantain and sprinkle some seeds to make it crunchy and flavoursome..
Moroccan Harissa paste adds spice and sass. Peanut stew or groundnut stew, also called as maafe (Wolof, mafé, maffé, maffe), sauce d'arachide (French), tigadèguèna or domoda, is a stew or sauce that is a staple food in Western Africa. This West African peanut stew is a healthy recipe that is vegan, gluten-free and grain-free! You'll love how easy to is to make! This recipe combines peanuts and sweet potatoes seamlessly into a deliciously rich stew.