Vickys Chicken Pakoras with a cool Raita Dip, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Chicken Pakoras with a cool Raita Dip, GF DF EF SF NF using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Chicken Pakoras with a cool Raita Dip, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 300 grams of diced chicken.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of tikka masala paste.
- You need 225 grams of gram / chickpea flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare of extra flour to coat the chicken.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of raita.
- It’s 240 ml of plain yogurt or required alternative ie coconut yogurt. Soured coconut cream is another option (replace 1 tbsp cream with lemon juice).
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber finely diced.
- It’s 1 of large handful of finely chopped mint leaves.
- Prepare 1 of large pinch of salt.
Vickys Chicken Pakoras with a cool Raita Dip, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Gently heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan, add the tikka masala paste and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the diced chicken and mix well, fry for 10 minutes on a medium heat. Remove the chicken, drain on kitchen paper and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together the gram flour, salt, chilli powder and turmeric. Add just enough water to form a thick batter.
- Heat the oil for deep frying. Coat the cooked chicken with the extra flour, then dip into the batter, deep fry until golden brown. Drain and serve hot with the cool raita dip.
- To make the raita, wrap the diced cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze out any excess water, then mix together all the ingredients and serve chilled.