Vickys Scottish Chicken Balmoral, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Scottish Chicken Balmoral, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Chicken Balmoral, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 4 of large chicken breasts.
- Prepare 200 grams of haggis – see my link below.
- It’s of oil for frying.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of small shallot.
- You need 150 ml of single cream or coconut cream.
- You need 1 tsp of black peppercorns, some slightly crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of whisky or add to taste.
Vickys Scottish Chicken Balmoral, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F. Make a slice into the bottom of each chicken breast, being careful not to go right through, to form a cavity.
- Stuff the space in the chicken breasts with 50g of haggis for each chicken breast. To prevent the chicken splitting during cooking secure each chicken breast with a couple of cocktail sticks https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334432-vickys-homemade-haggis-national-dish-of-scotland-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Seal the chicken on all sides in a frying pan with a little oil. Place onto a baking tray, season with some salt & pepper and cook covered with foil for 35 minutes, then another 5 minutes uncovered until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the shallot and fry off in the pan you sealed the chicken in. Soften it but don't let it colour. Stir in the cream, peppercorns and whisky and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve the chicken with seasonal vegetables and the sauce poured over.