Persian walnut stew (vegan). Vegan Fesenjan (Walnut & Pomegranate Stew). Not sure if I have mentioned this before but I am half Persian. My Dad is from Iran and my mum from Ireland.
Home » Soup + Stew » Persian Pomegranate and Walnut Stew (Khoresht Fesenjan). Khoresht Fesenjan is a Persian favorite stew with walnuts and pomegranates usually served over rice. I made this chicken stew a couple months ago. You can have Persian walnut stew (vegan) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Persian walnut stew (vegan)
- Prepare 500 g of walnuts.
- Prepare 2 of red peppers.
- You need 1 of butternut squash.
- You need 1 tin of chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- Prepare Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Chopped coriander to serve.
Vegetarian and Vegan folks please skip the next three steps. Pomegranate seeds can be added for added flavor and a pretty presentation. If the stew is too sour, sugar may be added to. A delicious recipe for Fesenjan, a Persian Walnut Pomegranate Stew with chicken or chickpeas, or both!
Persian walnut stew (vegan) step by step
- Place walnuts in a saucepan with a pinch of salt and 200mls of water. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 2hrs..
- Pour cooked walnut mix into a blender and blitz for 2 mins. Leave to one side..
- Chop butternut squash and peppers to 1cm thick cubes..
- Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan. Add 150mls of water, and simmer on a low heat for 30 mins, or until butternut squash is cooked..
- Serve with couscous and chopped coriander..
Earthy, rich and tangy, this luscious stew is bursting with Middle Eastern Flavor! When we let go of insisting that we are who we think we are and that the world should give us exactly and only what. Fesenjoon is a Persian stew made with ground walnuts and pomegranates. Also pronounced, fesenjan, it can be made with chicken or duck, or you can leave the meat out and keep it vegan. Find more of my pomegranate recipes.