Spaghetti with walnut and pistachio pesto. Get the feel-good factor with this superhealthy spaghetti dish and try a new variation of classic pesto, from BBC Good Food magazine. Cook the spaghetti following pack instructions, then drain reserving a little of the cooking water. Return to the pan and stir in the pesto, raisins and spinach with a splash.
Busiate with Roasted Eggplant & Pistachio. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and crushed red pepper, if desired. You can cook Spaghetti with walnut and pistachio pesto using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with walnut and pistachio pesto
- It’s 500 g of spaghetti.
- Prepare 50 g of fresh basil.
- You need Clove of garlic.
- Prepare Tablespoon of chopped, peeled, unsalted pistachio nuts.
- Prepare Tablespoon of chopped, peeled, unsalted walnuts.
- Prepare Teaspoon of Parmesan.
- You need Teaspoon of Pecorino.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Pistachio pesto is a traditional recipe in Sicily where it is eaten with pasta or used to make arancini. If you've never tried it, you really should! The most commonly used pasta for pistachio pesto is spaghetti, although I used scialatielli which is another popular choice in Southern Italy. Transfer spaghetti and ½ cup pasta water to saute pan; stir in reserved pesto.
Spaghetti with walnut and pistachio pesto instructions
- Bring pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to instructions. Wash and dry basil. Add to food processor. Add garlic, nuts and oil. Whizz up.
- Add cheese and more oil and keep whizzing up until you get a smooth paste, adding more oil as needed.
- Drain pasta al dente, saving a cup of pasta cooking water. Add pesto and cooking water. Mix well and serve with chopped nuts on top 😍.
To serve, divide mint ricotta into four pasta bowls. Cool the mixture down by filling a large bowl with iced water, with a smaller bowl resting on top. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pesto and the pasta and toss to coat the pasta. To the large mixing bowl with the cooked broccoli florets, add cooked spaghetti and broccoli pesto.