Vickys Curry-Spiced Whole Roast Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF. Let's face it, there's nothing better than a curry when you've been drinking lol. This roasted whole chicken is flavored with a curry-spiced rub and glazed with a simple blend of mustard and preserves. For a side vegetable, choose broccoli, green beans, or serve the chicken with a basic tossed green salad.
This dish is full of spices such as thyme, paprika, cayenne, and more. Indian-spiced roast chicken is juicy, delicious and perfect for family dinner served with fresh and cooling cucumber salad. This incredibly flavorsome chicken is maybe the best roast chicken recipe I have tried. You can cook Vickys Curry-Spiced Whole Roast Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Curry-Spiced Whole Roast Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 1 of whole chicken, around 1.5 – 1.7kg / 3 – 4lbs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato puree / concentrated paste.
- You need 2 tsp of low-sodium salt.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1.5 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic granules.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2.5 tsp of coconut cream.
It's so aromatic and juicy and the. Clay oven roasted baby lamb chops marinated with saffron and chefs special spices. Lightly spiced battered fried whole King Prawns tossed with capsicum, onion and chilli with fusion flavours. "Juicy whole oven roasted chicken that's seasoned to the bone with a crisp skin. Easy, simple recipe that I make every week!" I'm a firm believer that you As much as I love "themed" whole oven roasted chicken like rosemary-garlic, citrus-onion, and cajun spice, sometimes I just want a classic recipe.
Vickys Curry-Spiced Whole Roast Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the chicken together in a bowl and set aside.
- Slash the chicken legs quite deeply and rub the marinade under & over the skin and well into all your cuts. Cover and let marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375F and put the chicken in a roasting tin.
- Roast for 20 minutes per pound / 450g plus 10 minutes extra (My 1.7kg chicken took 1hr 40 minutes).
- Let rest for 20 minutes before carving or dividing into legs, breast etc.
- To make a delicious gravy, skin the fat off the roasting juices and stir in a tsp of cornflour / starch and some coconut milk to make an almost korma sauce.
- Serve with pilau rice or bombay / roast potatoes and greens.
Rinse the chicken, then dry it very well with paper towels, inside and out. Making whole roasted chicken at home is simple and something you should know how to do. You can stick with our method or try adding a spice rub or fresh herbs to the cavity as well. Finally, you can roast the chicken on top of vegetables — in our photos, we roasted ours on top of onions. Add a spark to a classic roast chicken with a spicy chorizo, herb & paprika stuffing.