Harira – Red Lentil Soup.
You can cook Harira – Red Lentil Soup using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Harira – Red Lentil Soup
- It’s 1 large of onion (chopped).
- You need 1 large of carrot (chopped).
- It’s 1/3 cup of parsley (finely chopped).
- You need 1/2 cup of cilantro (finely chopped).
- It’s 6 clove of garlic (minced).
- It’s 2 tbsp of ginger (finely minced).
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne.
- You need 2 tsp of pimentón dulce (or other smoked sweet paprika).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper (or more to taste).
- It’s 2 tsp of salt (or more to taste).
- Prepare 28 oz of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of red lentils (dry).
- Prepare 8 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of side (garnish).
- You need 4 of limes (cut into small wedges).
- You need 1 bunch of of cilantro (finely chopped).
- Prepare 6 of pita breads (or toasted sliced baguette).
Harira – Red Lentil Soup instructions
- Heat olive oil in large pot or dutch oven. Sauté onion, carrot, parsley and cilantro until caramelized..
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the garlic, ginger and all of the spices. Sauté until fragrant; less than a minute..
- Add lentils, tomatoes, and broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 50 minutes, or until the lentils have cooked thoroughly and soup has thickened. Salt to taste..
- Serve with fresh lime wedges, chopped cilantro and toasted bread of your choice..