Chiang Mai Noodle Soup.
You can have Chiang Mai Noodle Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chiang Mai Noodle Soup
- Prepare 4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 4 tbsp of thai red curry paste.
- It’s 6 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely shaved palm sugar.
- Prepare 600 g of chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces.
- You need 800 g of cooked egg noddles.
- You need 1/4 cup of roughly chopped coriander.
- Prepare of Lime wedge to serve.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Crispy Wonton Noodles.
- It’s 16 of wonton skins, sliced into 3mm wide strips.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for deep frying.
Chiang Mai Noodle Soup instructions
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the Thai red curry sauce and cook about 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook about 2 minutes or until the chicken start to colour..
- Stir in the coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce and palm sugar. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Then taste and season again with fish sauce, salt or palm sugar to your taste..
- For crispy wonton noodles, pour vegetables oil into a saucepan to a depth of about 10cm. Place over heat high. When the oil reaches 180C, carefully add a small handful of wonton strips. Cook for about 30 seconds or until golden. Drain the noodles on paper towel. Repeat until all wonton noodles are cooked..
- To serve, divided the cooked noodles between four large bowl. Top with pieces of chicken and ladle over the soup. Top with coriander, lime wedges and the crispy wonton noodles..