BBQ cauliflower pizza. Watch How to Make it Here. This was the first time I ventured into the world of making my own pizza crust, and dare I say: it was a lot of fun! REALLY EASY, gluten free pizza recipe with a cauliflower crust.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted. When the cauliflower is done, use a pastry brush to. Place cauliflower in the middle of a thin cloth napkin; twist and squeeze repeatedly to wring out as much I didn't squeeze the cauliflower enough but it was still delicious for an alternative pizza! You can have BBQ cauliflower pizza using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BBQ cauliflower pizza
- Prepare of Pizza dough.
- It’s 330 g of self-rising flour (add more if needed).
- You need 240 ml of luke warm water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp (30 ml) of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp (5 g) of salt.
- You need of BBQ cauliflower.
- You need 1/2 head of cauliflower (about 6 cups of bite sized cauliflower florets).
- It’s 180 ml of vegan BBQ sauce (can reduce to 120 ml if you want the BBQ taste to be more mild).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare of Pizza sauce.
- It’s 180 g of hummus, store-bought or homemade.
- Prepare 70 g of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp (3 g) of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp (2 g) of dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp (2 g) of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp (2 g) of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp (1 g) of black pepper.
- You need of Garlic yogurt sauce.
- It’s 180 ml of unsweetened plant-based yogurt (we used soy).
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
BBQ Lime Cauliflower Bites are simply the best. One floret and you'll know why we love this cauliflower so much. The sweet sauce and crunchy cauliflower will feel like you're eating popcorn. Top this cauliflower pizza crust with your favorite toppings.
BBQ cauliflower pizza step by step
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- To make the pizza dough: combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Then knead the dough with your hands, adding a sprinkle of more flour or water if needed until you have a smooth, firm dough..
- Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest about 20 minutes..
- To make the BBQ cauliflower: add the cauliflower florets to a parchment lined baking tray..
- To a small bowl, add the BBQ sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder, and stir to combine. Pour half of the sauce over the florets, and toss to coat. Reserve the other half of the BBQ sauce for later..
- Spread out the BBQ florets evenly on the baking tray, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping once half way..
- To make the pizza sauce: to a bowl, combine the hummus, tomato paste, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir and set aside..
- Lightly coat a work surface with flour. Divide the dough in two balls and roll the dough out, using a rolling pin, to the size of your baking dish – ours was 25 x 35 cm. Continue to lightly flour your working surface and your rolling pin to prevent sticking..
- By now, the cauliflower should be done baking. When removed from the oven, transfer the cauliflower to a bowl, and pour over the remaining half of the BBQ sauce. Toss to coat..
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper, and transfer the rolled out pizza dough to the lined baking trays. If you'd like, you can pinch the edges of the dough around the perimeter, to create a little raised crust..
- Divide the hummus and tomato pizza sauce over both pizza bases, and spread it out evenly over the surface..
- Divide and distribute the BBQ cauliflower florets over top of both pizzas..
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden, stopping to flip the position of the pizzas in the oven once at the halfway point..
- To make the garlic yogurt sauce: combine the yogurt, garlic, and salt in a bowl, and stir to combine..
- When the pizzas are ready, drizzle some of the garlic yogurt sauce on top, and sprinkle over the sliced scallion..
Cauliflower Pizza Crust. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Quick, delicious and super simple, our cheesy, crispy cauliflower pizza crust is cooked in a cast iron skillet. Photo "BBQ Chicken Cauliflower Crust Pizza. Start with cauliflower florets and turn them into cauliflower rice. Then, add cheese, spices, and egg, and bake the crust until it's golden-brown.