Astragal & Miso Soup. An astragal is a moulding profile composed of a half-round surface surrounded by two flat planes (fillets). An astragal is sometimes referred to as a miniature torus.
You can have Astragal & Miso Soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Astragal & Miso Soup
- Prepare 3 liter of boiling water.
- Prepare 50 grams of dry astragal root, in slices (milk vetch root).
- Prepare 1 packages of snow peas, prepared.
- You need 1 packages of mini bok-choy, bottom removed then cut in two length wise.
- Prepare 1 packages of mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 bunch of green onions (scallions), finely chopped.
- It’s 140 grams of miso paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of szechuan peppercorns.
- It’s 1/2 packages of white rice vermicellis.
- Prepare 1 packages of soft tofu.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
Astragal & Miso Soup step by step
- Add astragal root to boiling water, cover, reduce heat a bit and let boil for half an hour.
- Remove astragal slices from water and put away.
- Add snowpeas to broth and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the mini bok-choy, the mushrooms and the green onions and simmer for another ten minutes.
- Add the rice vermicellis, the miso past, the szechuan peppercorns and the ground black pepper, mix well and let simmer for couple of minutes till the noodle are cooked and the miso paste well disolved.
- Turn off the heat, cover and let stand.
- Cut tofu into cubes and distribute into serving bowls.
- Add hot soup on top of tofu cubes into bowls and serve.