Preserved Mustard Green Stew / Vegan. Preserved Mustard Greens are a form of pickled cabbage in China, where it is called "Suan Cai", meaning literally "sour vegetable." They are not like American mustard greens at all. Preserved Mustard Greens are used as an ingredient in dishes, or they can be served as an appetizer. Yacai from Yibin, preserved mustard green bits, pure veggie essence.
Four to five months after being planted, the mustard green plants are harvested. Wash mustard root, cube, then put in a bowl with clean water to draw out some of the salt. Wash and clean the cubed pork of bone shards and such, if Taste test. You can cook Preserved Mustard Green Stew / Vegan using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Preserved Mustard Green Stew / Vegan
- You need 2 cup of sweet preserved mustard green.
- Prepare 2 cup of salted preserved mustard green.
- It’s 10 clove of garlic with skin.
- You need 1 liter of water.
- You need 2 of thumbs size ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 5 of dry chili optional.
- You need of SEASONING.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dark sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of light soy sauce.
The mustard root and dried anchovy should provide enough salt to flavour everything in the soup to its core. If it's too salty, add water. Mustard greens can also be salty (different brands have varying levels of saltiness, and much of that salt gets stripped away in the washing process), so make sure to add Prepare preserved greens. Hearty greens, like mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, and sure, kale too.
Preserved Mustard Green Stew / Vegan instructions
- wash both preserved mustard green and soak for half hour and drain then and dice it.
- put all preserved mustard green and garlic and ginger in pan and dry fry for 2 minute then add seasoning and water bring to a boil.
- OPTIONAL COOKING METHOD simmer in pot for 1 and a half hour or transfer to preasure cooker on high for 50 minutes.
- OPTIONAL ADDED DRY CHILI FOR A LIGHTLY SPICY FLAVOUR PRESERVED MUSTARD.
- BELOW ANOTHER OF MY PRESERVED MUSTARD GREM RECIPE, I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU.
These are some of the few vegetables that actually benefit from what Love hearty greens? Try Slow Simmered Black Eyed Peas with Greens, West African Peanut Stew, Colcannon, or Garlic Parmesan Kale Pasta. Vegetable Garden Harvesting and freezing mustard green. Visit The Bayou Gardener in Avoyelles Parish Louisiana – Cajun Country at. Mustard greens can be eaten raw or cooked–steamed, sautéed, or simmered.