Warming Beef Stew.
You can have Warming Beef Stew using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Warming Beef Stew
- You need 675 g of Braising Steak.
- You need 400 g of tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 300 ml of red wine or stock.
- It’s 160 g of button mushrooms (optional).
- It’s 2 of onions.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need of large spring fresh thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of Salt & Black Pepper.
Warming Beef Stew instructions
- Pre heat oven to 190C 375F.
- Chop the steak into cubes..
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof casserole.
- Add the steak and cook until browned; remove from the dish.
- Peel and chop onions, carrots and crush garlic and add to the casserole and heat until softened..
- Return the steak and add the liquid ingredients: tomatoes, tomato puree, wine/stock and seasoning and bring to the boil..
- Put a lid on casserole and cook for 2 hours. If adding the mushrooms, add them after 1.5 hours cover and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes. Serve with rice or jacket potatoes..