Chicken in soy sauce. Combine sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic, and ginger in a large stock pot; stir until sugar is dissolved. Place chicken in stock pot and bring to a boil. Soy Sauce Chicken or "See Yao Gai" is a quintessential Cantonese favorite, found hanging under heat lamps in many Chinatown restaurant windows.
Soy sauce chicken is a traditional Cantonese cuisine dish made of chicken cooked with soy sauce. It is considered as a siu mei dish in Hong Kong. Another Cantonese dish, white cut chicken, often served with soy sauce dip, is more savoured for the taste of the meat. You can have Chicken in soy sauce using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken in soy sauce
- Prepare 4 of Chicken Supremes or Chicken Breasts with skin on.
- Prepare of Butter (as much or as little as you fancy).
- It’s 600 ml of Double Cream.
- You need 3-4 tablespoons of Dark Soy Sauce (Pearl River Bridge recommenced).
- You need 600 gm of Mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2-3 of large Onions, roughly chopped.
Soy sauce chicken (See Yao Gai/Si Yau Kai / 豉油鸡) is a famous Cantonese cuisine that is easy to prepare. The flavor is exceptional, achieving by using the top quality premium soy sauce and poach at a sub boiling temperature. Other items hanging at the Chinese restaurant under the heat lamps are. Soy Sauce ChickenThe Endless Meal. cooking oil, boneless chicken thighs, reduced sodium soy sauce.
Chicken in soy sauce instructions
- Pre-heat oven up to Gas Mark 7, Electric 200C. Fan Oven 180.
- Spread butter generously over the chicken pieces and place in a casserole. Cook uncovered in oven for 45 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, fry the onions and mushrooms and keep warm..
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the onions and mushrooms to the casserole and put back into the oven for 5 minutes..
- Meanwhile mix the soy sauce into the double cream, adding only one tablespoonful at a time and tasting until you get it to your personal satisfaction. Do not add more soy sauce after that point!.
- Add half the soy sauce/cream mixture to the casserole and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes..
- Add the remaining sauce to the casserole and return to the oven for a final 5 minutes..
- Serve with rice. Vegetables according to personal choice are optional. Carrots, beans, peas or broccoli go well..
Chinese Roasted Soy Sauce ChickenMy Chinese Recipes. Soy sauce chicken is one of the most common dishes in Cantonese cuisine. In fact, it became so popular that many manufacturers even introduced a quality "Soy Chicken Sauce" which, once diluted with water, can be used directly in cooking soy sauce chicken. An easy recipe for baked soy sauce chicken thighs. This easy recipe for baked soy sauce chicken thighs is wonderfully flavorful and definitely keeps things interesting around here!