Minestrone soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible!
Minestrone Soup is the sort of soup that keeps life interesting – it's filled to the brim with a variety of vegetables, potato, beans and pasta, in a. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale. You can have Minestrone soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minestrone soup
- It’s of some butter.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 cups of other vegetables eg squash, sweet potato, leeks..
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need Bunch of fresh thyme, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 500-750 ml of vegan/ veggie stock.
- It’s 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained.
- You need Handful of kale/ cavolo nero, roughly shredded.
- It’s 1-2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, roughly shredded.
- You need 2-3 handfuls of cooked pasta.
- You need of Parmesan/ veggie parmesan, grated.
To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. Easy Minestrone Soup Recipe. "It is well worth the time and effort." Whether you say minestrone soup like the Italians, aka "min eh stron ee" or "min eh stron eh", this soup is the perfect gateway to. Make a warming bowl of minestrone soup with plenty of vegetables and pasta. These simple yet versatile recipes are perfect for an easy lunch or filling supper.
Minestrone soup step by step
- Heat the butter in a oan (with a lid for later). Add the onion and fry for about 10 mins until soft. inion then carrots celery.
- Add the carrots and celery. Cook until starting to go tender..
- Add the other vegetables (not the greens)..
- Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for 2-3 mins..
- Add tomatoes and stock. Put the lid on. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins..
- Add the beans and simmer for 5 mins with lid off..
- Stir in greens for about 2 mins..
- And then stir in the basil and pasta..
- Serve with grated parmesan/ other cheese. Enjoy 😋.
Minestrone is a classic Italian soup made with vegetables and often beans and pasta. Here are minestrone soup recipes for any season – fresh green vegetables in spring or hearty beans in winter. Vegetarian minestrone soup packed with veggies like celery, carrots, green beans and spinach and simmered in a flavorful, Italian seasoned tomato broth. Minestrone Soup is easy, healthy, hearty, comforting, versatile and all made in one pot! This Classic Minestrone Soup is loaded with vegetables, tomatoes, beans and pasta in a dynamic, rich tomato.